Tuesday, March 15, 2011

HW 7B-8 - Vaporization of Water in a Rigid Tank - 5 pts

An electric resistance heater is used to heat the contents of an insulated rigid tank that holds 23.1 kg of H2O. Initially, the pressure in the tank is 150 kPa and 44% of the mass inside the tank is saturated liquid and the remaining 56% is saturated vapor. Power is applied to the heater until all of the H2O in the tank is saturated vapor. Determine the entropy change of the H2O and the total of heat transfer during this process.

For hints and answers visit:


vaporization said...


Nice blog, Thanks for sharing this.


Dr. B said...

Hi Vaporization.
Thank you. I hope you find it useful. Check out my website at LearnThermo.com.